I just tripped over an old video of a prototype I built a couple of years ago for IBM Lotusphere in Orlando. The objective was to distill the cacophony of noise out in the socialsphere into something that could be effectively integrated into the business, bringing together internal and external communications. The solution combined a range of approaches:
- Content analytics for entity extraction and classification.
- Semantic disambiguation for topic detection.
- A graph store to persist the social semantics.
- Social network analysis for social ranking.
- Influence scoring for building trust networks.
Despite being a couple of years old now (this time two years ago it was giving me sleepless nights) it was such a fun project that I thought I’d re-share it. So here it is!